|The Town Pound on Pound Road in Farmington.|
|Collage of photos before clear up began.|
|Collage of photos after the clean up.|
|Historical Society Members display their hard work.|
|Photo of Farmington Town Pound from the 1904 Souvenir Book|
The pound occupies a small lot measuring 120 feet by 130 feet in the geographical center of the town. The balance of the parcel supports a young growth of mixed hardwood and conifers.
The pound was built in 1823 by the Town of Farmington to replace an earlier wooden structure that was built in 1802. It is one of a few well-preserved pounds in southeastern New Hampshire. It remained in use until late in the 19th century. It was sold to a private owner in 1918. Eventually, it was given back to the town, and is now maintained by our historical society.
Farmington Town Pound on Wikipedia
Strafford County Listing of Historic Places on National Register of Historic Places
Town Pound Registration Form on National Register of Historic Places
Souvenir of Farmington New Hampshire 1904 Booklet on Scribd
Town Pound as it appears in satellite photos from Google Earth. Look for the Farmington Town Pound pin on Google Earth. http://www.google.com/earth/