Gibby #History Donation #FarmingtonNH Group #Photographs

This collection of photos that were donated by Marshall Gibbs Jr. All are in great condition and include name keys, which is very helpful. All have a tie to the Gibbs family.

The first was a black & white photograph of the retirement of 1st Engineer and Fire Chief Marshall Gibbs Sr, taken on April 4th 1965. The photo includes four men standing behind a table with a Farmington Fire Department protective helmet atop it . 

View the full entry here.

The next are a set of two different mill photographs with large groups of working people assembled. You can glean many things from the backgrounds, but the most important subjects are the Farmington workers; most  have last names any residents would recognize.

View Late 1800's Sepia Photograph Mill Workers On Spring Street

View Late 1800's J F Cloutman Factory Workers Sepia Photograph

The last items in the Gibby donation are two photocopies of photos we have in the museum collection covering activities if the Henry Wilson Band. The are both large group photographs depicting the entire band in front of the Old High School on Main Street, now altered to be the Farmington Municipal Offices building. this part of the donation is significant as they directly tie to the Gibbs family and though one photo has a pre-made key as part of the photograph, which our museum artifact has, the other has a hand written key that our version in the museum does not include.

These were perfect additions to the museum, surrounding the Gibbs family, and we are very grateful to Marshall Gibbs Jr. for donating these items to the Museum of Farmington NH History

Kyle Leach, Curator
Farmington NH Historical Society
Museum of Farmington History

Like Us On Facebook         Follow Us On Twitter

No comments