Friday, August 26th Festivities and Events
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Festivities and Events will take place behind the Henry Wilson School.
- 5:00 - 9:00 pm Bounce house- Sponsored by the Recreation Department
- 5:00 - 9:00 pm Food Concessions- Sold by the Farmington Fire Department and the Cub Scouts
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm: Concessions sold by the Farmington Fire Department
- 6:30 - 9:15 pm: Music By: Common Ground Band Come out and dance along to great live music!
- 9:15 pm: Fireworks (don’t forget to buy a glow necklace)
Saturday, August 27th Festivities and Events
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Events take place on Main Street, Central Street, in the TD Bank and Peaslee Funeral Home parking lots.
All street vendors and rides open at 9:00 am and close at 4:00 pm.
- 9:00 am Sign up your child for the Peter Pan Scavenger hunt!!! (at the Hay Day booth)
- 9:00 - 4:00 pm All Vendors, Rides and Traveling Barn Yard Open!
- 9:00 - 4:00 pm Blessed Bargains Thrift Shop will be open. All items are half-price in honor of Hay Day. Stop by and pick up some one-of-a-kind items and gently used fashions.
- 9:30 4:00 pm Friends of the Library Big Book Sale Friends group will be sponsoring their fourth Annual Giant Book Sale! Get there early for the biggest selection. The Goodwin Library will be closed for Hay Day.
- 9:30 - 12:00 pm Historical Society Museum in the lower level of the Goodwin Library is open to the public. You can enter through the side door. Don't miss this opportunity to learn about Farmington's past, and enjoy a Scavenger Hunt, if you like playing!
- 10:00 am Little Miss and Mr. Hay Day Contest- In the TD Bank parking lot.
- 10:00 am Granite State Zoo Booth- Near Cumberland Farms
- 10:00 am Climbing Wall and Monkey Jump- Join the Recreation Department for a chance to reach the top of the climbing wall. Small fee will apply.
- 10:00 am Stop by and Play Just Dance on the Nintendo Wii- Sponsored by Farmington Recreation.
- 10:00 - 12:00 pm Pictures with Mickey and Minnie Mouse- $3.00 (only until 12:00pm)
- 11:00 am The Country Cloggers- Nancy Kelly Breton School of Dance in the TD Bank parking Lot.
- 11:45 pm Farmington Community Awards - People’s Choice Awards in the center of town
- 12:00 - 1:30 pm The Adult Writers and Poets Group (based at the Goodwin Library) will be holding an open mic poetry event at the Farmington Recreation Hall. Bring a poem and join the fun, or just come and listen.
- 12:00 pm Wayne from Maine - In the TD Bank Parking lot/ grass beside the church
- The Traveling Barn
- 2:30 pm The Annual Bed Race Come watch and support your favorite team as they run down Main Street and complete some challenging tasks. The grand prize is $125! There is a Community bed available. Register at the Recreation Department.
- 3:30 pm Winning Raffle Tickets Drawn- Bring Your Tickets to the Hay Day booth.
- 5:30 to 7:30 pm Music and a Movie: Chris Bonoli and the Blues Monsters band will be playing at Fernald Park.
- 7:30 to 9:00 pm Shrek, The Final Chapter, a movie the whole family will enjoy. The movie will be shown at Fernald Park, and will be shown at the Recreation Department if it rains.
- 7:30 am Pancake Breakfast- Sponsored by Farmington Fire Dept
- 10:00 am Adult Bingo- Join the Recreation Department for adult bingo (must be at least 55 years or older to play) in the Recreation Department gym. Doors will open at 9:00 am and games will start at 10:00 am. There is a $5.00 fee to play and all money is returned to the winners. We will play a total of 16 games.
- 12:00 pm Annual Dodge ball Tournament at Henry Wilson School